Are you passionate about sustainable agriculture and excited by the prospect of contributing to cutting-edge research? The LEGUMINOSE project is seeking a talented and highly motivated researcher to work on modelling intercropping systems as a Postdoc at BOKU University in Vienna, Austria.
As a Postdoc in crop modelling, you will play a pivotal role in advancing research on intercropping systems. This full-time, 3-year position is funded by the LEGUMINOSE project and will commence on January 1, 2024.
- Model development: You will be responsible for developing, parameterizing, and evaluating a process-based model designed to simulate legume-cereal intercropping systems. This involves harnessing historical data as well as new experimental data from research field trials and on-farm living labs spanning diverse pedo-climatic zones across Europe.
- Collaboration: You will work closely with the LEGUMINOSE team – an international, multidisciplinary team, fostering an environment of knowledge sharing and innovation.
- Stakeholder engagement: Effective communication and collaboration with stakeholders involved in the project is a crucial aspect of this role. You will also have the opportunity to present your research results at scientific conferences and meetings.
- Publications: We expect a high level of productivity in terms of peer-reviewed publications.
Qualifications and required skills
- Educational background: Applicants should hold a Ph.D. (doctorate) in agricultural systems modelling or a closely related field.
- Expertise: Demonstrated experience in developing and enhancing process-based crop models. Advanced knowledge of crop physiology, agronomy, and crop modelling are essential.
- Analytical skills: Proficiency in handling large datasets and statistical analysis of experimental data. Strong analytical skills for crop model parameterisation and evaluation are strongly preferred.
- Publication record: Documented experience in scientific writing and a history of publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Language skills: Proficiency in both written and spoken English is required.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by submitting an application (in English) including:
- a cover letter, highlighting your background and experience relevant to the position,
- a Curriculum Vitae,
- a complete list of peer-reviewed publications, and
- contact information of three references, including their names and email addresses.
Please note that only complete applications will be considered for review. While we appreciate all applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The position will remain open until filled.
Applications should be submitted by November 15, 2023, as a single PDF document via email to:
Assoc. Prof. Ahmad M. Manschadi
Phone: +43 (0) 1 47654-95112