This new research field trial was set up in October 2022 in the experimental farm Tenuta di Cesa of the Terre Regionali Toscane, in Marciano della Chiana, Province of Arezzo, Italy.
- Mediterranean, semi-arid climate
- Eutric Cambisol soil, clay texture
Soft wheat intercropped with clover (in rotation with sorghum) under normal (100%) and reduced nitrogen fertilization (70%).
Intercropping configuration: Relay intercropping with additive design
Parameters that will be measured:
- Crop yield (quantity and quality)
- Soil physico-chemical properties
- Enzyme activity of important nutrient cycles (nitrogen, phosphorus, carbon)
- Microbial community composition and functional diversity
- Greenhouse gas emissions